Robotics Software Developer
Are you interested in flying technology? Do you enjoy solving complex aerial robotics challenges? Are you energized by the fact that your solutions will be employed by customers around the globe?
Then look no further, this is the place for you!
Join now Atmos UAV and be a part of our fast-growing team. Located in Delft, our company is specialized in the development and production of industrial drones. Our flagship, Marlyn, is a high-end reliable mapping & surveying drone for professional users. Her uniqueness is that she can fly efficiently like a normal aircraft but also, take-off and land vertically just as helicopters do! As a new member, you are going to strengthen our team both with your skillset and unique personality.
We are looking for someone who is crazy about programming software architectures! Are you the enthusiastic Robotics Software Developer we are looking for?
Your responsibilities are to:
- Explore, develop and deploy novel software features and workflows for Marlyn
- Develop and maintain the Marlyn firmware codebase, ranging from sensor integration, robust state estimation, control, path-planning, as well as communication protocols between system components
- Closely collaborate with the MarLynk team (grond control app) to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Integrate, benchmark and validate new drone sensors and cameras in tight collaboration with the hardware development team
- Facilitate the customer support and manufacturing teams with the insights and software tools needed to increase their productivity
- Take responsibility for writing automated test procedures, flight simulation testing as well as in-field drone testing of your code
- Develop and maintain the tool-chain for log data analysis from customers
- Work in a multidisciplinary team on one common goal
- Hold a degree in computer science or electrical / mechanical engineer (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent knowledge in C# and C++ for back-end (or other similar object oriented programming language)
- Experience with CI systems and unit testing
- Experience with version management software (GIT)
- 1+ year relevant software development experience including object-oriented design and multi-threading
- Be a self-start and self-motivated to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English language
- Honest and self-motivated
What we consider a plus:
- 4+ year(s) software development experience in a technical environment
- Experience as a software architect or leadership experience
- Experience in flight testing drone software and electronics
- Familiar with PX4 flight stack, Dronecode SDK, MAVlink, low level communication (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C)
- General hobby aero-modelling experience, building and/or flying model airplanes
- Work experience in start-up / scale-up
- Work in one of the Europe’s leading technology hubs, and experience innovation at first hand
- A highly collaborative structure which maximizes each person’s expertise and creativity
- Exploit your intellect and realize your potential in a company that enables you to turn your unique ideas into reality
- You will be part of an ambitious team which values people first and loves to celebrate achievements
Who we are:
- We are all unique individuals, but we act as a team that enjoys spending time together. teamwork is at the core of our business
- We all work towards the same goal with devotion & passion
- We always listen. That's why our communications, both externally and internally, are defined by responsiveness
- We want to challenge each other and give ownership. This is how we improve ourselves and move forward as a team
Sounds like a good fit for you?
Apply now and let’s take-off together!