Allround Aeronautical Engineer
Are you fascinated by flying technology? Do you want to put your knowledge into practice by designing and validating your own designs in no-time?
Then look no further, this is the place for you!
Join Atmos UAV and be a part of our fast-growing team. Located in Delft, our company is specialized in the development and production of industrial drones. Our flagship, Marlyn, is a high-end reliable mapping & surveying drone for professional users. Her uniqueness is that she can fly efficiently like a normal aircraft but also, take-off and land vertically just as helicopters do! As a new member, you are going to strengthen our team both with your skillset and unique personality.
We are looking for someone who is crazy about development and optimalization! Are you the enthusiastic Aeronautical Engineer we are looking for?
Your tasks are:
- Analysing, improving and validating the aero/hardware design of our aerial robots
- Modelling and analysing the electric propulsion system performance and study propulsion system integration effects
- Manage external suppliers and engineering contractors to deliver components, prototypes and designs
- Take part of design and engineering projects in close cooperation with other engineering roles
- Perform feasibility studies for innovative aeronautical solutions
- Design, test and validate your own ideas on Marlyn
- Work towards one common goal with a multidisciplinary team
- Hold a degree in aerospace or aeronautical engineering
- Specialized in at least one of the following fields:
- Electrical propulsion & performance
- Control & simulation applied to light unmanned aircraft
- Excellent experience with experiment design, instrumentation, data acquisition and post-processing
- Good knowledge of analytical and numerical analysis methods.
- Being able to practically apply your academic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language
What we consider a plus:
- 2+ year(s) experience in product development, preferably in the aircraft design, UAV or automotive industry
- Experience with designing at moderate Reynolds numbers
- Familiar with common aerodynamic design and analysis software
- Basic knowledge of C programming language
- Work experience in start-up / scale-up
- Work in one of the Europe’s leading technology hubs, and experience innovation at first hand.
- A highly collaborative structure which maximizes each person’s expertise and creativity.
- Exploit your intellect and realize your potential in a company that enables you to turn your unique ideas into reality.
- You will be part of an ambitious team which values people first and loves to celebrate achievements.
Who we are:
- We are all unique individuals, but we act as a team that enjoys spending time together. TEAMWORK is at the core of our business
- We all work towards the same goal with DEVOTION & PASSION
- We always listen. That's why our communications, both externally and internally, are defined by RESPONSIVENESS
- We want to challenge each other and give OWNERSHIP. This is how we improve ourselves and move forward as a team
Sounds like a good fit for you?
Apply now and let’s take-off together!